Lestercast Ltd are a leading UK Precision Investment Casting manufacturer. Established almost 50 years ago, we manufacture bespoke components in an extensive range of metals and specialist alloys. Supplying to diverse global markets including Automotive, Aerospace, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and many more.
Job Description – Technical Manager Job Vacancy
The main responsibilities of the Technical Manager will be to:
- Review and implement technical improvements to the casting process.
- Manage projects related to productivity, hi-tech developments and product/process improvements.
- Undertake research and development work on new parts, processes, materials and equipment.
- Liaise with customers on the development of new and existing parts.
- Offer technical support to the team in the development of new parts, tooling, samples and casting techniques.
- Monitor UK produced parts and Rapid Prototype production through all stages of manufacture to ensure high quality and integrity.
Skills and Experience – Technical Manager
- Recognised training and qualification in casting/foundry technology.
- Recognised management qualification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of technical aspects of casting processes and the foundry industry.
- Experience gained in the investment casting industry would be a distinct advantage.
- A team player with a pro-active approach and ability to work on own initiative.
- A good communicator with the ability to liaise with customers effectively.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
The salary for this position will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply please send your CV to:
Lindsey Braimbridge, HR Administrator, Lestercast Ltd, Investment Casting Centre, Ireton Avenue, Leicester, LE4 9EU or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org